sexta-feira, 26 de dezembro de 2014

Rival Revolution: "I love the idea of expressing emotion without any lyrics”

Jack Kempton is a musician from the town of Colchester, England, and is the founder of Rival Revolution. The interesting point is that Rival Revolution was formed by only one man - Jack. At 23 years old, he likes to follow a different musical style - his music is instrumental. Listening to songs from start to finish is more than just listening to music, Rival Revolution songs will make you feel and digest each musical note, unchained by guitar chords or by the guitar fingering. Ahead of Rival Revolution since its inception in 2012, Jack told us a little about his career.

por Camila Borges

Rival Revolution Facebook Page
What's your name. Age. City and Country where you live.
I'm Jack. I'm 23 and I live a little outside Colchester in England.

Who is Jack?
I grew up in London, about an hour away from where I currently live, and have always wanted to do something slightly 'different' from what others are doing. I enjoy going against the grain.

How did you begin this experience with music?
I started playing guitar a few years ago, as it was something I really wanted to learn to play. I then practised for hours each day to improve and to get to the level I am at now. After I had been playing for a few years and was at a reasonable level, I studied music at college, which is where I first started writing my own songs and how I learnt many of the production techniques I currently use.

When did you decide you wanted to be a musician?
College! Although I went there to get more knowledge of music production, college was the beginning of myself as a performer and it was the place where Rival Revolution was born!

What are your musical influences?
Guitar focussed players like Jimi Hendrix and Rory Gallagher are huge influences on me, what they can both do on a guitar is incredible! Mark Tremonti from Alter Bridge is also a big influence on me, and you wouldn't think it, but I'm also a huge Avril Lavigne fan! Some of my songs are inspired by her!

What is your favorite musical instrument?
Although I play guitar, I am a big fan of the drums! ..And drum solos..and drummers!

Your music is instrumental, what made you choose this style of music?
I love the idea of being able to express emotion or meaning through a song without using any lyrics, and that there is no language-barrier to stop people from understanding any of my songs. I also like that it's unique which means I stand out - I mentioned earlier about 'going against the grain', this is a pure example of that.

Explain the name of your band
There is a lot of meaning behind the name - which is a long story in itself - but in short terms, I like the idea of a revolution and standing up for what you believe is right. I certainly don't like 'guys in suits' - such as politicians - getting their way all the time.

What is your musical style?
Instrumental Rock! I vary from fast hard-rock riffs to slower, spaced out, mystic, relaxed songs, so there's something there for everyone.

What is your favorite movie?
The Prestige! It's a film about magic, and my newest album 'Illusions' is heavily inspired by the film! The main theme of the album is that film in fact!

Which of your songs is your favourite?
"Shadows of August" from my EP 'While The World's Asleep'. A close second is "The Big Bang Rumour" from my newest album.

What is your biggest dream?
To have a steady fan-base and play regular gigs! I am lucky enough to already have such amazing fans, but if I can take it to the next level and play in bigger venues, that would be a massive reward for all of my hard work.

If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
Lime green! Because it certainly stands out and it's different!

What would you say to your fans on Twitter and Facebook?
Thank you! Thank you for all of the lovely support! From the fans I've had since day one, to the newer fans who have only recently discovered me. You guys are awesome and I couldn't do this without you and without your wonderful support!

Illusions (2014)

Nenhum comentário: